New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
ShinGamix

GDU 4.0! the evolution from RMXPU and beyond! It is time!

To Games and beyond?!  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Does GDU need to evolve PAST just being a RPG maker site?

• Hell yes about time!
    • Yes that would help the site
    • No GDU is all about RPG Maker and only RPG Maker
    • No way in hell that will happen.

To keep the forum alive and have more visitors like Marked wants. I have an Idea. May not be a good one but what the hell.

.this site Was RMXPU and RMU and now GDU.

RMXPU was focused on RPG Maker XP

RMU added other RPG Makers like VX and Ace.

and also now that the official RPG Maker forums aka RPG Maker Web is out this site needs to change again.

So since the site is now GDU meaning Game Development Unlimited why is the site still limited to the RPG Maker series?

The site is not names RPGM GDU is it? With things like Construct, Construct 2, Stencyl, Unity, and I have been into Kodu for a little while too. I think a lot of members and other people that use RPGM would like to evolve to something else and this could be the exact ticket this site needs. I would like to see a lot more tabs at the top of the forum main.

and Marked I offered to help with the site and still let you have majority control. I think you and I could really beef up the site together.

So so far it looks like we've got Me, Pol probably, and Shin willing to help. Who else wants to join the fellowship?

(I have no idea what it has to be LotR, I just wanted to make a reference to it in the "is this it?" topic so...)

And how about this:

Mark sticks around and maybe comes and goes, but Me, Pol, and Shin do most of the work and sort of co-own the site in a way since Mark clearly can't do it himself.

Didn't he used to have Isaac, Pol, Kiri, Leon/Lizzie, Ark, and wyzard or something helping before? Most of them left and then site has gotten better, but Mark himself seems to have gotten worse.

Seems to be, although I may be ignorant about how each of them helped, that Mark just can't run a site by himself and it's because he kind of is now, that he wants to give up. I'm not sure anyone can run a forum like this alone though.

(Could be like the Order of the Phoenix actually. That was the old Order, and the new one has like...me and shin in it or something)

See my reply here: http://www.gdunlimited.net/forums/topic/10764-is-it-time/?do=findComment&comment=86240

Marked has tried turning this website into an all-around game development community, but the member-base is what dragged it back to RPG Maker. Completely remove all RPG Maker related content from GDU, or let it die.

Hey dude I want to support your idea, and I even had the same idea. Check here :

http://www.gdunlimited.net/forums/topic/10535-what-is-happening/?do=findComment&comment=84838

see? It was very close to your idea but it failed. Idk why. I can't say it was all Mark's fault. Anyway It really made me lose my motivation.

Sorry for lack of support :( I love you guys and I love this site but it seems we can't grow anymore. But still, I like to see changes...There is always a little hope.

I don't mind a military coup here. People with passion is better than nothing at all. There has always been community, whether we make games or not. Whether or not it includes RPG Maker wouldn't be up to me. But then you've got a website that is about stuff you know, versus a website that would be about stuff you don't know. It's hard to envision any viable plan for the site. We were RMXP, we did that very well. I guess we were right place right time, but now what? So, its difficult. There needs to be a man (or woman ;) ) with a plan. Without that, we're this graveyard: http://www.creationasylum.net/

I would be more than willing to take over the Ace area and add some additional stuff I work with to the forum to help it grow. but most places that flurish has a full staff not just one, two, or even three people that do everything and that is what is crippling the site so intensely. and if your a person saying blah blah or let it die you got the wrong attitude in the first place.

DONT CLOSE the dooors or the site

but most places that flurish has a full staff not just one, two, or even three people that do everything and that is what is crippling the site so intensely. and if your a person saying blah blah or let it die you got the wrong attitude in the first place.

Is it the lack of active staff, or the lack of advertising to developers? :P I think its peculiar to point to a "lack of staff", do you mean that the lack of moderation (ie closing topics, moving topics, telling ppl to behave) is crippling? Or the lack of perception that there are many members with the title "moderator". I think it really comes down to activity generally, no matter what the title of the member is. Therefore, we're back to square one.

If you want the site to survive so bad, its artificial without a purpose. Maybe there should be a purpose and that should be the focus rather than merely keeping the site alive.

I would be more than willing to take over the Ace area and add some additional stuff I work with to the forum to help it grow

I really wish people will share, that is sorta the purpose of the site. It's a community for sharing, but people here don't.

I had absolutely no idea that Isaac was even still around. I mean, I saw him like a week ago, but I just assumed he was one of those members who just occasionally logs on to use chat and does nothing else. Like Lizzie or how Kevin used to be.

Go for it! I will support this site to the end... (im not exaggerating..)

I think this will be a good one to those who is not using rpg maker. Eventually, it will get its glory back.

Dont worry, there is always little rays of hope just like zahraa said. Good luck!

I am glad to see you took some of my advice and added to the site. Glad to see it growing and still here.