New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
SnowOwl

It Moves (Horror)

ItMovesT_zpsc09dbc08.png

Bedroom_zps12ca15fb.png

Skull_zps8a42f14b.png

The game, like many of my horror games, will try to scare you without

too many of the typical "screamers", instead relying on atmosphere and

suspense.

Screenshots

BadDream_zps8df0fb34.png

Jungle_zpsbbd930d7.png

Hallway_zps1d235227.png

Download

Game: https://www.mediafire.com/?h2th3u5jtcjobfa

Credits

Scripts by

Moghunter

YesImAaron

Tsukihime

modern algebra

V.M of D.T

Music by

MaterialErmudung

Frozen Silence

Lzn02

Based on a short story by Michael Whitehouse

Edited by SnowOwl

My god.

I'm impressed with what you got there mate.

I am also making a horror game but my problem now us that it doesn't look like a horror game. It's more like a story-driven horror game.

I may re-do the basic horror mechanic in some other project for 3D.

I'm getting ahead of myself am i?

I would love to test your game dude and i'm ready for any scare you throw at me.

To say the least that your story sounds original and well executed.

Can't wait for more updates man. :)

Be sure to use the GDU gamepage :D

This looks truly amazing. The sprite work is excellent! I love when people really think outside the box when it comes to RPG Maker. Can't wait to play a demo!

Edited by CharlieTooHuman

FINALLY! Good to see a demo on the page :D

Small Review on "IT MOVES"

For a demo that lasts for less then an hour i found myself satisfied with the Game's Atmosphere which for me is superb in a 2D game.
Few Games tend to get the atmosphere dull and depressing. The Map design is an eyecandy and shows that the map design in ACE isn't crappy after all. However there's some flaws in the map design. There's invisable coliders in the map design and it makes movement quite a pain at times. Another thing i think the game needs work on is in the Audio design. While the Background Music is decent the sound effects isn't.  As a true fan of horror games i tend to play horror games on max Volume....i felt that the sound effects make the game jumpscares flop at times. While there's some good sound in the game it doesn't match up to the game's atmophere most of the time.

The gameplay is really simple and mostly linear. However there's puzzles on each level but the puzzle design is somehow lacking creativity as the puzzles are really easy to solve and took me under a minute to resolve.

Another thing i enjoyed is the graphics. the sprites are well done and decent most of the times. there's no flaw in these sprites and i love em.

and lastly the Game story/plot. after playing this short demo the story somehow resulted in a cliche, sadly the game fails to be somehow a bit more original. However the In-game Narrative is fantastic, reading the text is like reading a real horror story. the story switches to a First Person prepect of storytelling where i felt that i was the character doing his every move and emotion.

This is a great game with good ideas but with some problems in it's way..

I do acknowlage that this is a demo and everything may change in the future.

I would give this game a 8.5 out of 10.

I'm glad you brought up the audio.

The last week I haven't actually added much new stuff. Instead I have been working on a area that I love in horror games. Ambient sounds. If you ask me, this is the difference between a good horror and a great horror. It's the kind of sound that nobody will ever thank you for adding, but it adds SO much to the experience.
Try playing virtually any great horror game without the sound and you will see what I mean.
I just love those distant moans and groans, buildings that creak and insects that buzz in the background.

I downloaded, and do you know what happens? I crapped my pants on the first and second dreams!!

Tsk... dont tell anyone about it... anyway, just like omar said, the atmosphere is truly superb,

(Which gives the game the true horror feelings.) And very good map. So overall, this is a

great game..

The download is updated. I've been improving the ambient sounds and general BGS of the game (alot), I've also made small improvements (hopefully) in a lot of old areas, like adding creatures to the jungle, made some small changes to the intro, and a couple of other things. Basically I've tried to make the demo as good as it can possibly be. Apart from that, I've haven't really added much new stuff (finished the 3rd dream), but what's there should be pretty much the same quality through the whole thing. If not, feel free to tell me.
I'm feeling good about this release.

*downloads* i will give feedback tomorrow, after i finished the 3rd dream.

(Sry, im a scaredy cat when talking about horror at niyght..)

Sounds good to me, I've done some pretty big changes I think improved the game already from earlier versions after people gave me some good feedback, so feedback is always welcome.

just registered few moments ago to ask if you have .unity3d file of this game. I would like to promote it on my site, but I would need online playable version of it. I would like to discuss other options. Please contact me on pm, thanks!

Also, if someone could move this to the correct forumpart, that would be great. It's not in early development anymore, after all.