New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Heretic86

[XP] Heretic's Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts - Version 2.0

Heretic's Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts [XP]
Version: 2.3
Author: Heretic
Date: Saturday, August 20th, 2016

Version History

Saturday, August 20th, 2016 - Version 2.3 (Major Update Released)

- Added Dynamic Lighting Effects

Thursday, April 30th, 2015 (Major Update Released)

This is a MAJOR project and only a part of what I've been using to build an up and coming undisclosed game.  This Collection contains a BUNCH of previously unreleased Scripts that I wanted to share with everyone 100% working and perfectly stable and perfectly compatible!

Collection contains Art - Tilesets, Sprites, Music, Animations, Maps, Tutorials, Demos, and even a small Mini Game!

Features: Literally EVERYTHING!

List of Scripts:  

Heretic's Dynamic Lights

Heretic's Unlimited Event Page Conditions

KK20's Custom Prices (for Shops)

Heretic's Moving Platforms

Zeus Video Player
Super Event Sensor - Version 1.0 - Brand New! - ENEMY AI (Line of Sight and SOUND Detection!)
Heretic's Overhaul of the XRXS Battle System version 1.03
Spy Equipment - ATB Battle Addon - (See Enemy Stats depending on Equipped Gear)
Auto State Switches (for Stealth Gear) - Super Event Sensor Addon
Cloud Altutude 2.0 - Now fully compatible with Unlimited Fogs by Gameus / Game_Guy
Battle Self Switches - Little Drago - ABCD during Battle!
More Self Switches - Gameus / Game_Guy - Extremely Useful for New Page Conditions!
Blizzard's Reflect Spell - Battle System - Demo
Target Anyone - KK20
Target Anyone Undead - (Target Anyone Addon, allows Heals to kill Undead)
Die On Map Screen -  (Game Over when everyone in party dies of Poison on Map!)
Exclusion Elements (Scripting Tool, useful for excluding Special Elements, like Reflect from Dmg)
Blizzards Lagless Pathfinder 1.22
Pathfind by ForeverZer0 (yes, there are TWO Pathfinders in this Collection)
Multiple Message Windows - Heretic Revision version 1.54
MMW Addon - Easy Chests
Heretic's Caterpillar version 1.99 (Huge by itself, features Fade Event, and a crapton of other stuff!)
Caterpillar Addon - Auto Door Close
Move Straight - Movement Addon
Wave - LittleDrago - Warps Fogs, Panoramas, and Battlebacks
Animated Title Scene
Ambient Sound Effects - ForeverZer0
Heretic's Lightning - Simple for Storm Lightning without Problems from Change Screen Color Tone
Dynamic Sounds - Ryex - (Range Based Volume with "Sound Emitters")
Timed User Input (Simulates Button Inputs from Player with Scripts, many other features, see Demo)
Event Transitions - ThallionDarkshine - Awesome effects for Events
Debug Fast Forward - I got bored and tired of waiting, so hold CTRL and Fast Forward!
Text to Picture (very useful for Intro Credits or other Picture stuff)
Ending Credits Script

Every Script has a Demo!

Most of the Tilesets are fully configured.  There are a couple of Tileset Addons that are not.

Animations by Naramura are ready to be copied and pasted into your game!

Tutorials on the most complex eventing you've ever seen!

There are even NPC's that will try to teach you how to SCRIPT for yourself!

There is just WAY TOO MUCH to cover every feature of every Script in one post!  The major ones are Super Event Sensor, which is extremely useful for an Enemy AI, which supports not only Line of Sight, different Fields of View, but also Sound Detection for Movement.  There are additional supporting Scripts that help you to rebalance Gameplay with Stealth Gear that ties directly into Super Event Sensor's Enemy AI.  

Next is the Battle System!  This thing has been overhauled to an extreme degree, designed specifically around Battle Eventing!  This is a ATB FRONT VIEW Battle System, which means less work finding or creating Graphics appropriate for your game!  You may not have any idea how much this actually makes game development easier for you!  Also contained in the Battle System is numerous Addons!  Spy Equipment allows you to create Item Types that enable certain characters to observe Enemy HP, SP, States, and Elemental Weaknesses!  Combined with Battle Self Switches, Target Anyone, Target Anyone Undead (addon to use Heal to harm the Undead, even Instant Death), Reflect, Blink Low Actor Stats, Window Help Msg (for totally custom Battle Messages in the Help Window), which also leads to Battle Bonus Exp, Gold, and Items!  This Battle System I consider to be Mature as it offers many features no other Battle System allows!  It even ties directly into Super Event Sensor by allowing "Suprise Attacks" when you charge an Enemy Event NPC from behind, you get one round of Free Whacks at the Enemy!  Likewise, if you run away, and they get you from behind, the Enemy will get some Free Whacks on your Party!  Super Event Sensor and the Battle System allow you to create a much more unique game than just Random Invisible Encounters!

The last major script in the bundle was Heretic's Caterpillar, which is way way more than just another Caterpillar!  I probably should have separated all the stuff that the Caterpillar alone does into like 10 different scripts as it contains a crapton of Movement Enhancements, such as Turn Toward / Away From Event, Cat Backup and other stuff that doesnt really relate to Caterpillars, like support for LADDERS in XP, and Fade Event!

---  The Crumbling King  ---

Mini Game: Who is the Crumbling King?

As a demonstration, I've put together a small Mini Game which ties ALL of the scripts together into one cohesive but very short Game!  It contains some of my best mapping yet, as well as what I hope is some of the most fun Battles you've ever encountered!  To win the more difficult battles that I've laid out for you, you have to use your Brains, not Brawn!  You have to THINK about how to beat a particularly hard Boss!  Once you figure out the Strategy, you'll find the battles are quite easy and can be beaten nearly every single time, even at low levels!  Since a lot of this is a Tech Demo, I take advantage of that to use the NPC's to deliver both Story Elements as well as inform you on how to use the Scripts to create your own unique Battle Strategies!  Those strategies the NPC's teach you about will enable you to defeat Each and Every Boss!

DEMO DOWNLOAD
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,13682.0.html

---  Beta Release  ---

I expect there to be a few bugs left.  Nothing major as ALL of the Critical Errors have been fixed.  Mostly just small Eventing bugs here and there like triggering an NPC that delivers the wrong line of dialogue.  With 37 Total Maps, this Collection is bigger than many RM Games period!  This Demo is heavily polished and hopefully extremely enjoyable for you!  But, it is so complex that Im sure there are things I've missed!  Let me know if you find any bad bugs!

So what do you think of this Collection?  Anything else you think I should add?  Any Graphics?  Any music?  Any of YOUR stuff you want to see as part of this Collection?

Edited by Heretic86

Bump.

Minor Update.

Fixed a couple of bugs in Unlimited Fogs where going into either your menu or battle would remove any Unlimited Fogs.  Patch for this I put into Cloud Altitude since I intend on making those two scripts work together without directly editing Game Guys script.

Fixed a bug in the Battle System that would cause a crash.  Having less than 4 characters in your party would cause a crash when battle started.  Thats been fixed.  Not sure how I missed it.

Added a new "Zombie" Status as a way to allow Healing Items to harm Undead.  Basically, if an enemy or a party member is Undead or Zombie, healing items have the opposite effect.  The script itself is called "Target Anyone Undead".  Basically, you can target either Enemies or Party Members with any kind of Spell or Item.  Since you can target enemies with Healing Items and Spells, I thought it would be useful to expand the range of usefulness of items.  So things like Resurrection Items can cause Instant Death on the Undead.  It is an incentive to use said items instead of just stocking up on them.  This feature has appeared in other games, namely the Final Fantasy Series.

Last but not least, a simple Animated Battlers!

I called it a minor update because the Animated Battlers is intended for a Front View Battle System, and is still in very early stages.  Basically, it just gives your Battlers a Stepping Animation.  Most useful on Flying Enemies so they dont just sit there.  Feedback is needed on this script so this non finished version is published.

Scripts available in the download link above.

Edited by Heretic86

This is probably one of the best collections of scripts I have ever seen. But I am having a little trouble, whenever I try to open the game editor to get inside and see the scripts it says "This project is from an old version of RPG Maker and cannot be loaded." which is extremely disappointing, is there any way to fix this?

Another way to fix this issue is to edit the Game.ini file with notepad and change the line that reads "Library=RGSS104E.dll" to "Library=RGSS102E.dll". Versions 101 and 103 are for Japanese releases, 102 and 104 are English releases. I built everything in 102 and it all works just fine. I did an update after 95% of the stuff was built, hence, current version that is available is in 104, but it is still backward compatible.

PS, Im still plugging away at this on and off. The next script I think I will work on will allow using Fogs in battle. Now just using Fogs by themselves does not sound all that interesting by itself until you understand what you can do with Fogs. Fogs will be able to scroll, just like on maps. And with some creative thinking, you could use a Fog to create a moving battle, like one that takes place on a boat or a moving train. With more stuff moving in the background since you'll be able to use multiple fogs.

There is an animation bug in the battle system that I simply can not find. When the bug occurs, battler animations no longer take place. The bug is very intermittent and exceptionally rare. Ive encountered it about 5 times while doing major work (for months) and have been unable to reproduce it. If anyone finds this battle system bug and a way to reproduce it, please let me know so I can fix it.

Other than that, Im glad you think so highly of the collection. It is not all my stuff and every content creator deserves their credit where its due.

Bump.

Major Update.  Total scripts now weighs in at 65 different fully compatible scripts.  Added 15 new scripts allowing TOTAL control over everywhere every Character can move.

and, um...

VEHICLES!

Oh it's so amazing! My jaw dropped when I was searching in the demo. unfortunately I found it a bit too late...I'm developing the final boss XD Anyway I'm going to use that fantastic advanced title screen script.

Thanks ^^

EDIT: Cancelled :(

Edited by zahraa

Oh it's so amazing! My jaw dropped when I was searching in the demo. unfortunately I found it a bit too late...I'm developing the final boss XD Anyway I'm going to use that fantastic advanced title screen script.

Thanks ^^

EDIT: Cancelled :(

Im terribly sorry about dropping your jaw!  Okay, no Im not, Im quite impressed that it did.  After you release this game, you can always look at features to incorporate into your next game!

What got cancelled, incorporation of the feature, or the game itself?  Im confusitated...

Lol of course I'm not going to cancel a game that I've been working on for more than 3 years :P I don't want to use the title screen script because it doesn't make my title screen look better, Actually it's so cool in the demo but it was not the way I expected it to be when I used it in my own game. Thanks for sharing anyway ^^

Lol of course I'm not going to cancel a game that I've been working on for more than 3 years :P I don't want to use the title screen script because it doesn't make my title screen look better, Actually it's so cool in the demo but it was not the way I expected it to be when I used it in my own game. Thanks for sharing anyway ^^

What you see in the Animated Title Screen is all Evented, not hard coded into the script, so you don't have to show a Map if you don't want to.

ANIMATED TITLE SCREENS DON'T REQUIRE MAPS

That was what I was trying to communicate visually, not verbally.  If you don't want to show a Map, you dont have to.  You can still do other stuff like show Pictures that change size and shape also, and pretty much anything you can do to a Picture with Events, or any other scripts that create Effects for you.  What most people miss is that the Company Logo of "Crapcom" is SKIPPABLE, and that is also done by Eventing.  The default Title Screen only shows a Picture.  The ability to Event Animations allows you to manipulate that Picture as you see fit.  If you have a Picture on top of a Picture, you can use your Title Picture, and still have your Game Title "fly in" or "fade in" or whatever effects you want.

I know my scripts go overboard a lot, but the purpose wasn't for me to take away control from you, but to give you the ability to have as much control over what displays on your Title Screen as I can give you.  I felt the best way to do that was to give you access to a way you can Animate stuff that you're already familiar with, which is Eventing.

ANIMATED TITLE SCREENS OFFERS AN ATTRACT MODE

Something else most people miss with Animated Title Screens is the Gameplay Demonstration.  With Eventing, you can show your title for a limited period of time, then use Events to show off specific features of your game that you think may encourage people to play further into your game.  In Coin Op Arcade Games, this is known as an "Attract Mode".  Think of Street Fighter 2.  It shows a Title, then after a period of time, it shows what the game is all about.  I guarantee that if Street Fighter 2 only showed a Title with no "Attract Mode", a lot less people would have played it.  In Arcades, by displaying a Gameplay Demonstration during "Attract Mode", potential customers can quickly understand visually what gameplay is like without dropping quarters in.  What is "Outrun"?  Is it a Side Scroller?  Is it a Shoot Em Up?  Is it a Beat Em Up?  With an "Attract Mode", the potential customers are told that "Outrun" is a driving game.  This feature was very common during the cartridge based era of home gaming, and that has become less common over the years.  During an Attract Mode in your game, you can do literally ANYTHING that you can dream up.  If you want to show a Prologue for your story, you can do that with Events and some Script Calls from Timed User Inputs, which was designed to simulate User Inputs without actual Input from the Player.  If you want to show off a Battle System, you can do that too.  Anything that is in your game, you can display during "Attract Mode" with Eventing.  Once "Attract Mode" kicks in, if the Player presses a button, the script will jump the player back to your Title Screen so they can begin the game, they aren't forced to watch sequences before they can start.  If you want to see an example of "Attract Mode" in either the Collection or the Demo for Animated Title Screens, run the game but just let it sit there on the Title.  After about 20 seconds of just sitting on the Title Screen, "Attract Mode" will start.

Hopefully that clears some things up for you and anyone else that reads this post.

Edited by Heretic86

Updated to Version 2.3 - Saturday, August 20th, 2016

Added:

- Heretic's Dynamic Lights[XP]

- Heretic's Unlimited Event Page Conditions

- KK20's Custom Prices (for Shops)

PenLight.gif

Heretic's Dynamic Lights (animated, give it a moment to load)