New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
zahraa

User Animation Problem

Question

Hi
I've a problem with user animation.When i choose an user animation for a skill,It just shows second animation (which is stored in database) in battle.I think this is because of ENU sideview battle system.Yes,I use this script.You can change a line in this script(I can't remember which line) to change that user animation,for example you can change it to the first animation.But i want every skill has its own user animation.Can someone help me?
BTW,I know i was disappeared this month and i'm going to tell you i'll be disappear 2 month later.Just Don't ask me why.
Thanks. :)

sorry for bad English.I was so nerves when I wrote this post.

8 answers to this question

Ok i may have found where to change that per skill but its going to be very confusing and long. I havent found any other way to modify this so if anyone knows please let us know.

First go to about line 503 in SBS Config. You should see something like this.

QTYiTMM.png

To add your own animations copy the "START_MAGIC_ANIM" line to a new line above or below it and rename it. so it should look like this.

CHf9nW6.png

Now you can name it to whatever but keep it uppercase. As you see i changed the ID to whatever animation i want it to play. So this will play the first animation. For this were going to do an actual skill instead of magic since the magic animation ID 2 is already done on the line above.

After that addition were going to move down to line 816 where it should say "SKILL_ALL"

ltVecIZ.png

Were going to want to copy that on the line below or above it. And change the names a bit.

bG3L84W.png

As you can see we copied it down and changed the name to "SKILL_1" and we changed the 2nd action from "START_MAGIC_ANIM" to the "SKILL_ANIM" we created earlier.

Now for the last part where were going to tell what skill is going to use that animation we set. Scroll way way down to line 1486 and you will see something that looks like this.

72NIf4E.png

Were going to add our own when and return for the skill crosscut(ID 57)

so below or above when 85 and return add your own when 57 return "SKILL_1". So it should look like this.

u0NFUJk.png

Now when in battle when the enemy or actors use skill 57(cross cut) it will play the first animation before doing the actual skill animation.

You can add multiple skills to use the first animation without going to edit everything again. just add a ,id after the when 57. So if we want skill 58(Feint Attack) to have the same animation just do it like this.

Nid3Uto.png

You can add as many as you want to use that animation 57,58,59,60... and so on.

If you want a skill to use the magic animation instead of the skill animation just add another and change "SKILL_1" to "START_MAGIC_ANIM".

Now you should know how to add your own animations per skills :) .

I know its a little confusing and long. Read it multiple times if you dont get it and you will get it sooner or later. If you need any help just ask.

I really wish there was an easy way to do it and it used the animations from the editor thats set for the skill. Theres most likely a way but for now your going to have to use this way till someone smarter comes along.

No,I mean the second animation called "Cast Magic".It appears when an enemy casts a spell.

I really enjoyed trying the way you suggested, because it helps me to understand how does ENU work. :thumbsup:
Also you spend your time to solve my problem,Thank you soooo much!It means a lot for me! :heart:

ENU SBS is really cool. its not very user-friendly but its absolutely great if you know how to use it. it is not compatible with Blizzard Party Switching System so i couldnt use it in my game. Give it a try :)

(omg my english was terrible D: I wonder how pol was able to understand me...I cant even remember why i was so nervous XD )

This is so freakin cool.

Not a big deal, but responding to a 3-year old topic with something that doesn't add to the conversation at all (like "this is cool") is usually frowned upon on internet forums.