New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.

Sideview Battle System Tankentai XP

1 Screenshot

About This File

- Orginal VX Version By Enu

- Original VX English Translation by Kylock and Mr.Bubble

- XP Translation to english by cairn

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Ok guys I figured it out. It's in the "Enemy Animated Battlers" section of the script. lines 16-18.

16 module ENEMY_ANIME_BATTLERS

17 ENEMY_ID = [1,33,34] # IDs of the enemies that will have animated sprites

18 end

the 1 is the ID # in RMXP's enemey section of the database. That is the by default a ghost monster. To get more monsters to work this is where you add them. inside the brackets to add the 2nd monster from the database change it to look like this;

[1,33,34,2,33,34]

Copying the 1st monster but changing the ID to the 2nd monster in the database. I don't know what the 33 and the 34 mean but i know that they are needed.

Well I hope this helps... I don't know a thing about script. I stared at it for a few hours and made my game crash a few times til I figured it out. lol...

Share this comment

This system is awesome btw. The only problem i have now is figuring out how to add more faces on the screen that shows the battles hp,sp etc. their are default faces that work with the default characters but that's it. The scripter that wrote this of translated it wasn't very clear in the comments. Even without the faces tho I really like this system, and don't see myself using another side view system in the future.

Share this comment

Oh sorry. One more thing. When you add your custom enemies to the database, make sure that the monsters battler and the monsters sprite have the same name. Otherwise I'm pretty sure it will not work.

Share this comment